When you think of a dinosaur you probably picture green or brown scales, maybe a spike or two. New research has allowed us to get a glimpse of the true, bizarre, and much more feathery nature of the evolution of the dinosauria.
The first UK showing of Dinosaur rEvolution explores the relationship between dinosaurs and birds in a colourful and fascinating exhibition, including five large animatronic models, many accurate cast fossil skeletons and skulls – some touchable, detailed graphics by the acclaimed artist Luis V Rey, dress up, games, and more.
Tickets for Dinosaur rEvolution
- Visitors must have tickets for admission to Dinosaur rEvolution – we recommend booking in advance to avoid disappointment. Members and Benefactors must log in to your account to access free tickets online, or present your membership card to be scanned upon entry. Entrance for Members who have not pre-booked is subject to capacity.
- Please book a ticket for every member of your party. Discounts for family group bookings will automatically be applied to your basket. A family of 4 ticket is for up to two adults, and a family of 3 ticket is one adult. Child tickets are for those aged 3-16 years. Children aged under 3 are free.
- Tickets are for single entry only.
- Schools and educational groups can visit our Aquarium, Butterfly House, and temporary exhibitions at a reduced educational rate. This must be booked in advance.
- Gift Aid prices include an additional voluntary donation of at least 10% to help support the Horniman.
- We have lots more information to help you plan your visit to the Horniman.
Universal Credit entry scheme
To help people who might find cost or other challenges a barrier to visiting the Horniman, our Universal Credit tickets provide entry at a reduced price. A limited number of these tickets are available every day to purchase in person at the Horniman.
Visitors can purchase up to four £1 tickets per attraction. These tickets are available to those currently receiving one of the following:
- Universal Credit
- Employment and Support Allowance
- Income Support
- Jobseeker’s Allowance
You will need to bring proof of eligibility with you, either printed or on an electronic device. This can either be done by logging into your Universal Credit portal or by bringing your proof of benefit letter. To be eligible you must have received a Universal Credit payment within the last month and you may also be asked to show photographic ID.
Planning your visit
Get help planning your visit or have a look at our advice below:
- We recommend booking tickets in advance online to bypass the ticket desk, then print out or download your booking confirmation to your mobile device. The exhibition entrance is on Gallery Square on the Lower Ground level.
- If you have the choice, please travel light and leave your buggy or scooter at home.
- We encourage the use of public transport or active travel (walking or cycling) to come to the Horniman, to reduce emissions and benefit the environment. We are a five- to 10-minute walk from Forest Hill station and very well served by local buses.
- There are places to eat packed lunches in the Gardens. Please refrain from eating and drinking inside the Museum – this is not permitted as it encourages pests and endangers our collection.
- If there’s anything we can help with, in advance, please email email@example.com.
- Identify our friendly visitor teams by their yellow lanyards. We will do our best to make sure you have a great time.
- Please note that the animatronics are large, realistic and include sound effects, and younger or more sensitive children may find them scary.
Dinosaur rEvolution is a travelling exhibition produced by Gondwana Studios. Images by Paul Dear, taken in Dunedin NZ.