There are an estimated 10.5 million cats and 12.5 million dogs in the UK. But how well do we really know our pets?
Every day, cats and dogs demonstrate their skills, awareness and intelligence. This immersive exhibition explores the scientific, social and cultural role that cats and dogs play in our world, and invites visitors to go on an exciting, sensory journey, exploring what it’s like to be a cat or a dog.
From studying animal behaviour to examining human relationships with our feline friends and devoted doggos, visitors can enjoy games and simulations that put them in each animal’s paws to better understand them and their ways.
Tickets for Cats and Dogs
- All visitors, including Members, must have tickets for admission to Cats & Dogs – we recommend booking in advance to avoid disappointment. Members and Benefactors must log in to your account to access free tickets online.
- Please book a ticket for every member of your party. Discounts for family group bookings will automatically be applied to your basket. A family of 4 ticket is for up to two adults, and a Family of 3 ticket is one adult. Child tickets are for those aged 3-16 years. Children aged under 3s are free.
- Tickets are for single entry only.
- Gift Aid prices include an additional voluntary donation of at least 10% to help support the Horniman.
- We have lots more information to help you plan your visit to the Horniman.
Planning your visit
Get help planning your visit or have a look at our advice below:
- We recommend booking tickets in advance online to bypass the ticket desk, then print out or download your booking confirmation to your mobile device. The exhibition entrance is on Gallery Square on the Lower Ground level.
- If you have the choice, please travel light and leave your buggy or scooter at home. Please note, there are currently no cloakroom facilities available.
- Our delicious Café will be open as usual, and usually busy around lunchtime (and all morning in school holidays). There are also places to eat packed lunches in the Gardens. Please refrain from eating and drinking inside the Museum – this is not permitted as it encourages pests and endangers our collection.
- If there’s anything we can help with, in advance, please email email@example.com.
- Identify our friendly visitor teams by their yellow lanyards. We will do our best to make sure you have a great time and we are doing everything we can to keep you safe. Thank you for being kind and patient at this time.
Cats and Dogs is a touring exhibition, created by Cité des sciences et de l’industrie, Paris.