Come and work with us!
The Horniman connects us all with global cultures and the natural environment, encouraging us to shape a positive future for the world we all share.
We can only help achieve this through our amazing members of staff who work at our Museum and Gardens in Forest Hill, and our Study Collections Centre. We are so proud of the work we do together, and were recently awarded Art Fund Museum of the Year 2022.
Find out more about working at the Horniman as well as our current vacancies.
Gardens Keeper (2 posts)
- £21,833 per annum
- Full time – 35 hours (5 days) per week, on a rota. Start and finish time vary according to season.
We are looking for two Gardens Keepers who will help give a warm welcome to our visitors, provide information about activities and events taking place in the Gardens and the Museum, and contribute to the general maintenance, security and safety by carrying out patrols and attendance duties.
Find out more and apply by 10am on Friday 27 January 2023.
Senior Curator, Nature + Love Project
- £40,544 per annum (£41,371 per annum after probation)
- 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- The post is for a fixed term of 4 years
We are looking for a Senior Curator, Nature + Love Project, who will work on the curatorial content principally around the redisplay of our Natural History Gallery, working with the Principal Curator of Natural Sciences. You will also help to develop and manage our collection, and participate in the development and delivery of digital content, public events, activities and exhibitions, working across our teams.
You will have expertise in natural sciences, experience in museum work, and have a great facility for collaboration and communication.
Find out more and apply by 10am on Monday 6 February 2023.
- £25,447 per annum (rising to £25,698 after probation)
- Permanent, 35 hours per week (with a requirement to work some weekends and evenings).
We are looking for a Digital Assistant to have day-to-day responsibility for the Horniman’s website, intranet and social media.
You will be a good digital all-rounder with exceptional knowledge of digital and social media platforms, an interest in digital developments and be passionate about creating fun, interesting content. You will have experience of working with content management systems and using a variety of social media platforms in a business context, as well as generating content. At ease producing short form video (like reels) and comfortable with meme and internet cultures.
Find out more and apply by 10am on Wednesday 8 February 2023.
- £33,579 per annum (rising to £34,264 after probation)
- 28 hours per week, working four days out of five Monday to Friday
- This post is for a fixed term of two years
We are looking for someone to join us in what is a new role of Commercial Coordinator as part of our Horniman Museum Enterprises (HME), the Horniman’s trading subsidiary.
We are looking for someone with previous experience in a commercial area. You will be creative, dynamic with an understanding of marketplace trends, good at generating ideas and ensuring subsequent delivery is based on sound financial planning, strong research and good market understanding.
Find out more and apply by 10am on Friday 10 February 2023.
Collections Services Technician
- £26,754 per annum (rising to £27,300 after probation)
- 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Some evening and Saturday working may be required
We are looking for a Collections Services Technician, a key position in the small and welcoming Collections Management team.
You will be responsible for coordinating much of the day-to-day maintenance, health & safety and security of the Museum’s storage facility, the SCC (Study Collections Centre) which is in Greenwich.
You will also assist in the effective management of the SCC including the care, storage and transport of the collections, so a driver’s licence is required.
Find out more and apply by 10am on Monday 13 February 2023.
- £21,833 pro-rata per annum
- 2 permanent part-time posts available:
- 20 hours per week: Monday, Thursday, Friday, 6am – 10am, Tuesday and Wednesday 10am – 2pm
- 16 hours per week, Monday and Friday 10am – 2pm at our Study Collections Centre (SCC) in North Greenwich. Tuesday and Wednesday, 6am – 10am at the Museum and Gardens in Forest Hill.
We are looking for two experienced Cleaning Support staff who will take pride in helping us deliver a high standard of service for our visitors. Working within the Estates Team, you will be responsible for ensuring we provide the best experience possible in a welcoming, safe, secure, clean and comfortable environment.
Applications will be received on a rolling basis, and interviews will be held when applicable.