Working at the Horniman
We recognise that our organisation is built upon the skills and commitment of our staff.
The success of our operations and your personal development and well-being depend largely upon maintaining high levels of trust, respect and co-operation between all levels of staff.
We offer a range of opportunities for staff:
- Flexible working
- 30 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Auto-enrolment into the NEST pension scheme with the option to join the LPFA pension scheme
- Employee assistance programme – counselling, resources and 24/7 advice line
- Subsidised gym access
- Discounts in our café and shops
- Interest-free season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Discount scheme for shopping and leisure activities
- A family ticket for Horniman exhibitions and free entry to exhibitions at many other museums and galleries
The Horniman has a huge variety of activities on offer, and subsequently our staff are very diverse in their skills and expertise.
You could be working directly with our visitors, curating, documenting or maintaining our collections, publicising what we do, fundraising or working in Finance, Facilities, IT or Human Resources.
Our values are:
Our staff meets for regular coffee mornings to hear updates from the Senior Management Team, as well as share news from across the organisation.
Staff social activities include a drawing club, knitting and craft group, yoga classes, a bowling tournament, as well as our Christmas party and summer picnics.
Because the Horniman connects global cultures with the natural world, sustainable working practices and encouraging everyone (including ourselves) to into green living is important to us. We act sustainably, behave ethically, pursue excellence and encourage enterprise.
We value our diverse workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community. We encourage people from minority ethnic backgrounds and people with disabilities to apply.
We are Disability Confident Committed and if you meet the minimum shortlisting criteria for a job at the Horniman and have a disability we will offer you an interview.